Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Our NEW Block of the Month, "Heirloom Blooms" will start in August 2014! This beautiful Block of the Month is not only beautiful, but also made from wool! Contact the store for more details!
September Bunny Hint: Go to the Catalog first, then to Benartex, the bunny is in the Kanvas Patio Prints.
SPRINGTIME IN THE ROCKIES SHOP HOP QUILT DESIGN CHALLENGE
$250 prize money
Springtime in the Rockies Shop Hop challenges all amateur and professional quilt designers to design a quilt that we can use for the “Shop Hop” pattern for Spring 2015. We have not had a “Shop Hop” pattern for several years and we would like to bring back the tradition of having a “Shop Hop” quilt for our customers. The pattern must be at least a 40” quilt and can be as large as 80” and can be any type of design so long as it is original. More specifics will be outlined below.
Deadline for entries will be October 1, 2014. Only the design (and not a completed quilt top) must be entered. Color pictures of the quilt top, if completed, may be submitted along with the design, but are not necessary. The winning designer will be notified in mid October.
Specifics of the Challenge:
1. Design is due October 1, 2014.
2. Minimum size design is 40 inches. Maximum size is approximately 80”. The pattern can provide for multiple sizes, including larger than 80”. But because we hang these quilts at the Springtime in the Rockies Shop Hop, 80” is the maximum length for hanging purposes.
3. Design must be an original. It may be designed on any software quilt design programs. Pattern and instructions to make the quilt must be submitted, but the pattern does not need to be professionally printed. The quilt pattern will be chosen based upon the design, not upon the quality of the instructions. The Shop Hop Committee, in conjunction with the winning designer, will help develop the pattern as it will appear for sale. Pictures of the actual quilt may also be submitted, but are not necessary. Multiple entries are permitted.
4. The theme for the 2015 Springtime in the Rockies is “In Celebration of Rocky Mountain National Park’s 150 birthday.” We will be selling 4” X 6” old fashioned fabric postcards with scenes from Rocky Mountain National Park. However, the “Shop Hop” quilt design does not have to reflect the theme. Another theme for Springtime in the Rockies is the hummingbird.
5. Springtime in the Rockies gets the exclusive use of the pattern from October 2014 through December 31, 2015. Participating shops will have the right to use the pattern in their Shop Hop quilts and until December 31, 2015. Participating shops may also teach the pattern in classes, sell kits and sell the pattern individually until December 31, 2015. Any sales of the patterns during this time (October 1, 2014 through December 31, 2015) belong to the participating stores. Designer’s sole compensation during this time is the $250 paid as the winning design. Rights will revert to the designer on January 1, 2016. Prior to January 1, 2016, however, the designer may not sell or otherwise publish the pattern, unless special permission is granted by Springtime in the Rockies.
6. Springtime in the Rockies will pay $250 for the winning design.
7. Anyone can enter, including employees, friends, family, customers, professionals and amateurs. Only shop owners are excluded from participating.
8. Pattern designs must be postmarked no later than October 1, 2015, or hand delivered to Laura Shotwell at the Fig Leaf, 2834 S College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525.
9. The Shop Hop committee will choose the winning design, but no one other than Laura will know who submitted the design.
Judy Neimeyer's Mariner's Compass Quilt is beautiful and no matter what color scheme you choose, you will have to show it to all of your friends! We have the Original and Brown Color Scheme available in kits. If you want to pick your own colors, we also have the pattern that you can purchase.
The Girls of Quilter's Stash:
Susan, Anna Marie, Michele,Sharrel, Patty, Lois, & Carolyn
Create your OWN Class
You can build your own class by grabbing 2 friends (Minimum of 3 people) and we'll create a class just for you! If you have any questions or would like to arrange your own class, please visit the store or call us at 970-686-5657.
10% Off for Traveling Customers - If you are traveling in our area and come over 100 miles, you will receive 10% off regular priced purchases with drivers license (for proof of address). We look forward to seeing you!
Web Site Design & Programming by
Key to the Web,LLC ©